When you feel hungry you should it. But what? Anything BUT the foods listed bellow, that might make you hungrier than you think.
- White bread – it’s very poor in fibers; it spikes your insulin levels.
- Juices – they contain all the sugar of the fruit but no fiber-containing pulp or skin; a glass of juice can shoot the blood sugars levels up, bringing on hunger.
- Salty snacks (chips, pretzels, salty snack mixes) – they are full of quick-digesting simple carbs.
- Fast Food – fast food meals are specially designed to make you supersize your orders, and eat more and more.
- Alcohol – it slashes your body’s levels of leptin (the hormone that squashes hunger and keeps you feeling full) and makes you to carve carbs.
- White pasta – same problem as the white bread;
- Sushi rolls – full of quick-digesting simple carbs.
- Kids’ cereals – full of sugar, they may cause blood sugar and insulin swings.
- Pizza – it has ingredients that throw off your blood sugar levels, production of satiety hormones, and hunger-regulating regions of the brain.