While Europe is increasingly focusing on organic food, the Americans are being criticized for the unhealthy way they feed. It’s very important to remember you have eat in order to live,and not to live for food! That’s why we present you a list with some of the most healthiest foods that will help you have a healthier, better and longer life.
10. Red wine – a glass of red wine a day gives us a powerful source of useful substances for rejuvenation: antioxidants, resveratrol, which increases the level of good cholesterol and minerals that benefit our skin in particular;
9. Fish and seafood – fish is considered product no. 1 for cardiovascular disease prevention. Everywhere people have access to fresh fish, the number of heart disease patients is much lower than in other countries. Fish also contains taurine – a blood pressure stabilizer;
8. Honey – this product is a must! Honey is considered one of the best foods for improving the blood composition, and for slowing down the aging process;
7. Wheat bran – it has vitamin E, vitamin B complex, iron. Studies show that regular consumption of wheat bran prevent atherosclerosis and prolong your life by 5 years;
6. Yogurt – a recent study shows that Bulgarians and Greeks are large yoghurt consumers, and that’s why the average life expectancy in their countries is 100 years. Yogurt contains probiotics that help absorb nutrients and slow down the aging process, helping to treat digestive disorders;
5. Whole Grains – are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which can reduce the risk of diseases such as cardiovascular disease or cancer. Because they are digested more easily than other processed cereals, whole grains prevent the increase of blood sugar and the occurrence of diabetes;
4. Blueberries – are full of antioxidants phytonutrients called anthocyanidins – these substances neutralize free radicals that damage the collagen matrix of cells and tissues that can lead to cataracts, glaucoma, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, heart disease and cancer. Anthocyanins from blueberries, improve the entire vascular system;
3. Pomegranate – these fruits are often recommended for pregnant women with low cholesterol levels. They have a lot of iron and are used to deactivate excess cholesterol, and regular consumption is life-long for sure;
2. Garlic – allicin and disulfide in garlic protect the body against cancer and heart diseases. A 1 week garlic diet will reduce the risk of developing colon cancer, stimulate detoxification of the body, help prevent many diseases, and last but not least, prolong your life healthily;
1. Liver – is an essential source of iron. Its absence from the body leads to various diseases, such as anemia. The liver also contains an important substance – heparin, which also prevents thrombosis from myocardial infarction.